Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Crush Of Normality

Well, I'm back. Had an amazing time in Japan, it's gonna be a bit rough to find myself in the office tomorrow morning. Anyway, no sense in dwelling on that - a new week of minutes awaits! I think it's my turn to define the rules for the week, so here goes:

I could really use a lift, so that's what the minutes this week will be about - minutes that somehow lift us up out of the dreary realities that await us in our daily lives. Actually, how about a set of minutes that tell a sort of narrative? We've got six minutes to work with, so I propose this:

Minute 1 & 2 - Each of us creates a minute that expresses despair and hopelessness. The crushing monotony of everyday life.

Minutes 3 & 4 - We each create a minute that somehow expresses the struggle we experience while trying to rise above our situations and change our lives for the better.

Minutes 5 & 6 - We create minutes that lift us out of the dreariness and into the light of joyful self realization.

So 3 sets of minutes - depressing, struggling, uplifting! We'll each make one every other day, and the creator of minute 1 will be determined by the flip of a coin. Ready? Ok, Lawrence is heads, I'm tails. Ok... shit Lawrence, looks like you win - you cool with that? Making minutes on Monday Wednesday Friday?

-jeff

No comments: