Wednesday, February 25, 2009

JKT053 - sand&stone

JeffMinute053: Sand & Stone







Well, this is not what I was expecting to post tonight. Played some tennis earlier this evening, and before I left for the court I recorded a quick guitar minute that I intended to build upon once I came home.

But then, in the train, this happened. Started as a drum pattern and bassline. Then it morphed into something of a dreamlike return to something reminiscent of the funk and smoke of 1970s east africa, or at least that was how i imagined it. Once I got home i recorded the guitar, panned things extremely like they used to do on recordings in the 70s, and imported a nice little audioclip of the man himself, emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia. enjoy!

1 comment:

Iwan Albatros said...

And thus it has begun! Most excellent, brah, most excellent. This is truly a minute proper and true. I'm looking forward to tomorrow!